Anniston Munitions Center is housed on 13,160 acres with 33 buildings, 1,124 igloos
and a storage capacity of 2.5 million square feet.
In fiscal year 2015, Anniston Munitions Center has an operating budget of $17.3 million and a payroll of $9.6 million. There are 101 Department of the Army civilians and one Soldier.
- • Ammunition renovation
- • Quality assurance
- • Ship, receive, outload
- • Preservation, packaging and maintenance
- • Explosive demilitarization
- • Missile recycling
Anniston Ordnance Depot was established in October 1941. In 1952, the depot was assigned a maintenance mission for the overhaul and repair of combat vehicles. In 1962, the installation was renamed Anniston Army Depot and became part of the Army Materiel Command. In October 1998, operational control of ANAD was transferred to TACOM. At the same time, the ammunition mission and resources was renamed Anniston Munitions Center. ANMC became a tenant of ANAD and officially came under the full command and control of Blue Grass Army Depot in Richmond, Ky. Its parent command is the Joint Munitions Center. ANMC received its first on-site commander in June 2004.